November 6, 2019

Weight issues

Yesterday's post about Snapchat made me realize that my weight issues might be medicine related. I had been on anti-depressant and beta-blocker (for BP and tremors) medicines for almost a year (middle age is catching up). Currently, I am only on beta-blockers. But I am also exercising almost 2-2.5 hours daily along with a healthy diet (as in strictly home-made food with no saturated fat).

In ordinary times, I should have lost some weight and a few inches in the last 2-3 weeks. However, my dresses stubbornly refuse to loosen up. So I am now blaming my medication. I am hoping I will come off the beta-blockers soon.

Before all this started, I wanted to lose 5 kgs to be in the slightly overweight range. Now it has changed to 15 kgs (ideally I would like to lose 20 kgs to be in the healthy weight range). I will give myself 8-10 months to achieve this once my medication has stopped.

In the meantime, I hope it doesn't increase any more than that. Keeping my fingers crossed while exercising my butt off. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment