February 17, 2011

Thursday Challenge: Trees

Every week I check out the Thursday challenge and think about posting something but simply never found time to go through my photographs to do so. Today, I finally made it. The topic was so tempting that I couldn't resist. The only problem is that I have so many pictures on the topic that I can't pick one, so here are selected few on the topic:

This first one, that I like to call Reflection, was taken in Yosemite park on a boxing day.I like the way melting snow giving way to the stream and of course the tilted tree looks like its eager to see its own reflection.

Yosemite_147-1

The next picture is from the Japanese Tea garden in San Francisco Golden Gate Park. If you even plan to go to the SFO, do plan to spend some time here. Its very peaceful place to be. I like to call this picture: Green.

GG_010DayLight

The next one is a complete change in scenery. This is right at the gate of Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona. This is Joshua tree forest in the Arizona desert. Yes its a forest. Its simply spectacular view. I call this one: Survival.

Grand_021

How can I forget Christmas Tree among all the trees. This is the shot from San Francisco (I think its Pier 39), just before the Christmas. I like the way it has a reindeer, Christmas tree and the moon all in the same shot. Can't get more christmasy than that, can it? This one is call: Festive.

SFO_426

And now moving internationally. This is from the St. James park in London. I am not a big fan of London but St. James park is  my absolute favorite there. I call this picture: Reaching out.

Edin_507-1

And lastly, my beloved Stanford. This one is from a running/walking trail in Stanford Campus. Doesn't this look awfully familiar? Well do you remember the default Windows XP desktop? Doesn't this look like that one? Did you know the Windows XP desktop shot was taken in Napa Valley (near San Francisco) so its not a surprise that I found a similar landscape while shooting in Stanford, is it? I call this: Breathtaking.

Dish25-3

That’s all for today. Hope you like them..

6 comments:

  1. Awesome clicks!! They all look like picture postcards!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics... each and every one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the pics are awesome, but the last one is my favorite! Even I have so many snaps of trees, but as you said, sorting through them is a task!
    Will make a point to visit the Japanese gardens in SF the next time I go there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First one .... pretty awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing pics Richa!! You could sell them as wall papers...loved the first one in particular!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Shilpa: Thanks!

    @Athira: Thanks!

    @Neha: Thanks! The last one has a special place in my heart as it is part of my memories of Stanford.

    Do visit Tea Garden. Its awesome!

    @PB: Thanks! Selling? Wow! That's a compliment I never got! Double Thanks!

    ReplyDelete