March 21, 2010

A strange thought…

…occurred to me today: What if someone made a movie based on my life?

I don’t know why it suddenly struck me- may be because my life is so melodramatic at times, or may be I just want the current period of my life (writing the thesis and making sense of last 5 years of my life) to be a musical montage like one of those training musical montages in the movies after which the lead is ready to take on the bad guys, or may be I am simply turning into a narcissist.

Whatever the reason, after the moment that thought occurred to me, I spent the rest of my day (well it’s still going on) with a background narration in my head complete with background musical scores. Did you ever have one of those days? It had been a very weird day. The simplest of daily task felt weird and funny. And worst of it: I can’t stop it. It’s like one of those bad tunes stuck in your head that you hum all day long incessantly. You hate the tune and yet it keeps going over and over and over in your head. Does someone has a cure for this? I am having a weird day, seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment