March 30, 2010

Hmmm…interesting

For those of you wondering, yes I deleted my post from yesterday. I will post it again after some editing. It just became too personal and I was feeling very uneasy about it, hence the deletion.

However, for some unknown reason I also submitted the post on Indivine (I contacted them regarding removing my post and haven’t heard back from them) . For those who don’t know: Indivine is a platform provided by IndiBlogger to submit the links to your post with a small synopsis. Other members “vote” on your post and, well, I really don’t know what happens after that. But I always thought that at least some people read your post. That notion was removed today morning when 6 more people voted on my post even though the link I submitted no longer works. Don’t get me wrong, I really appreciate the vote of confidence that these people have shown in me. I guess they took it on blind faith that whatever I wrote must be good. Though I would have appreciated more if they had actually read my post. Well not the post I deleted but otherwise.

I usually browse Indivine as well as blogadda in order to find interesting blogs/posts which means I click on the post links and read them. I might not necessarily remember to vote on them but at least I read the post.

P.S.: Personally I like bloggada’s format better but I have found more bloggers through indivine than bloggada. Guess both of them have their own advantages.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Richa,
    Well, if you are talking about the "Thoughts Tag" post, its still there and very much visible. If you are talking about something else, well, then, its not there.
    I'll do my tag soon. Also, we need to meet soon as well, as I need to repay you..am sooo sorry for the delay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wrote a long post yesterday evening, and deleted it later in the night. It's not there though you can find the title of the post on the google reader. I will repost it soon..

    Lets meet on Friday or Saturday? Mail me..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol...so people don't read it. Hmm...that shoots my ego! :p One of my posts on Indivine has the highest votes in the humour section. Damn!

    By the way, you have been tagged: http://www.overacuppacoffee.com/2010/03/seven-deadly-sins.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know. I was devastated too! Am in two minds now whether or not I should post my posts in Indivine any more. On one hand, no one seems to read, on the other I did discover some very good bloggers via Indivine..may be some people are like me and they do read...

    I am working on the tag..will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't ask me! I got two more votes after I wrote this post.

    I agree. The voting or any other promotion should be based on merit and not how good or bad your social networking skills are!

    ReplyDelete