June 23, 2007

Bottled water

Yesterday I received a mail about drinking water from bottle that has been sitting in car. You know the standard forwarded mail showing how caring your friends are, that they would like to warn you and everyone you love and care about this potential health hazard.

Now as luck have it, today morning I was late for my Kenpo Karate class so I didn't have time to refill my bottle. I had water in this bottle from my last class on Monday. And to be honest I didn't even remember the mail in question. So I drank the water and now I have this irritation/itch in my throat so I got worried. Now being a true grad student that I am, I went ahead and searched the net for the truth of this mail. Is it yet another Urban legend and I am over-reacting by blaming everything on this newly discovered risk or should I really worry about it? Well about.com says that they don't pose any "significant risk" to human health. At least in United States. Guess the 'insignificant risk' includes some sort of throat infection. Oh joy...seems like I am spending my insignificantly small break (Summer Quarter starts Tuesday) being sick.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Podner..back home where I come from water is so scarce(hence precious) we simply thank our stars there is some left in the car :o) and this ain't such an Urban Legend !

    ReplyDelete