December 9, 2009

The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Spoiler Warning

Okay I have to eat my words. Well not entirely though. So after the first book in the series, I declared that the series seems very juvenile. And well it’s still juvenile in a lot of ways like Bella’s complete infatuation with Edward, the concept of first sight love and all those teenager romance stuff.

However, the story does take an interesting turn in the second book as Werewolves enter the scene and with them enters Jacob Black. Playful, young, sweet, childish, charming Jake. And at some level Bella falls in love with him too even though her juvenile status doesn’t allow her to go through it. So as you can imagine, now from plain boring girl meets vampire and falls in love, it has become a love triangle. And somewhere in the horizon, there is a promise of some great mystical secret about Bella.

Well as you can guess, I am addicted to the series. I am already more than half way through the third book (I started it yesterday and it has 630 pages!). I haven’t bought the fourth book of the series as it wasn’t available in paperback. But guess I have to now..

For some reason, I didn’t find many, correction any, funny quotes worth mentioning. As I said earlier, it was slightly depressing book, except for Jake, of course :) Anyway, I have quite a few quotes marked in third book so I will put them here. Now I need to get back to the book.

(Img from:http://www.mannythemovieguy.com/images/new_moon_twilight_sequel.jpg)

P.S.: 1. My laptop has been acting funny since yesterday. I am not sure if I will be able to post if my laptop decides not to cooperate. Am keeping my fingers crossed.

2. Just so we are clear, I choose team Edward Not that I don’t like Jacob (he is a sweetheart!) but I like Edward more. He is my type of guy I guess…

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I really should read the series to be able to critique it better. The whole thing about Bella being lovesick is a bit too much for me to handle. And I recently read an article saying how she was a bad role model for young girls. Makes me really wanna read the books to critique them!!! :)

    And hope your laptop doesn't act up! You've been doing a great job with NaBloPoMo so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely though I didn't think about it that way. It is definitely a very bad role model for young girls. As such teen years are filled with ludicrous ideas about love and romance, putting this there is a definitely a No-No.

    However, I am a sucker for mystical dramas and hence am now addicted to the series. The romance bit doesn't interest me as much and is actually a drag, however, the promise that there might something more to Bella than meets the eye, keeps me hooked. Though I am not sure how much I should trust Stephenie to make all the things clear in the end. She is no J.K. Rowling and JKR also messed up a few times..

    I am keeping my fingers crossed for my laptop too.. It just needs to survive till end of the next week. Once I am back in Stanford, I can take a back up and wipe it clean...Just a week.

    ReplyDelete