December 11, 2009

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Spoiler Warning.

Okay finished the third book last evening and am already reading the fourth book. Nothing much changed in the plot..well nothing strategic as far as I know. Same old Edward, same old Bella and same old Jacob. Their same old love triangle and same old stupid, juvenile blabbering. I am losing my patience now. If it wasn’t for the refreshing jabbers here and there, it would have been hard to finish.

okay, I lied. I need to finish this series now. I want to know what’s wrong, what’s so special about Bella. Eclipse-Book-Three-twilight-series-36654_397_600
Anyway, some of funny quotes (may be they are just funny to me but still I am putting them here. At times, I go back and read these quotes from my previous posts. I know I am weird..)

Okay they are not quotes per se but entire incidents this time. Sorry I couldn’t resist:

- (Bella was arranging magnets on the fridge while she waited to go to work(she was early)): The last two magnets –round black utilitarian pieces….-did not want to cooperate with my fixation. Their polarities were reversed; every time I tried to line the last one up, the other jumped out of place. 

For some reason – impending mania, perhaps – this really irritated me. Why couldn’t they just play nice? Stupid with stubbornness, I kept shoving them together as if I was expecting them to suddenly give up. I could have flipped one over, but that felt like losing. Finally, exasperated at myself more than magnets, I pulled them from the fridge and held them together with two hands. It took a little effort – they were strong enough to put up a fight – but I forced them to coexist side-by-side.

“See,” I said out loud – talking to inanimate objects, never a good sign - “That’s not so horrible, is it?”

I stood there like an idiot for a second, not quite able to admit that I wasn’t having any lasting effect against scientific principles. Then, with a sigh, I put the magnets back on the fridge, a foot apart.

“There’s no need to be so inflexible,” I muttered.

It was still too early, but I decided I’d better get out of the house before inanimate objects started talking back.

****

- (Bella is talking to Jacob, trying to make peace between him and Edward) “See,” I explained. “I don’t care who’s a vampire and who’s a werewolf. That’s irrelevant. You are Jacob, and he is Edward, and I am Bella. and nothing else matter.”

His eyes narrowed slightly. “But I am a werewolf,” he said unwillingly. “And he is a vampire,” he added with obvious revulsion.

“And I am Virgo!” I shouted, exasperated.



“Okay. Just Bella and Jacob. None of those freaky Virgos here.” He smiled at me.

****
Okay I am not typing any more. Have to get back to my book…

3 comments:

  1. So it is very teenagerish! Let us know how you go finding out what's wrong with Bella! She sounds like a messed up character and so not a role model for young girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ PB: Yes! A lot of romantic drama that was beyond my tolerance level..Anyway, finished the series and have the review for the last book up.

    I agree completely abt her not being a role model for young girls but then who can stop teenagers from fantasizing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ PB: Yes! A lot of romantic drama that was beyond my tolerance level..Anyway, finished the series and have the review for the last book up.

    I agree completely abt her not being a role model for young girls but then who can stop teenagers from fantasizing.

    ReplyDelete