October 18, 2007

Craving

Just finished (actually re-read) Jodi Picoult's Vanishing Acts. Few lines got stuck in the mind...
When you want something desperately, you shake with the need for it. You tell yourself you don't need more than one sip, because it's just the taste you crave, and once it's on your tongue you will be able to make it last a lifetime. You dream of it at night. You see a thousand mile-high obstacles between where you stand and what you want , and you convince yourself you have the power to hurdle them...

...Love is the most dangerous craving of all, if you ask me, it turns us into people we aren't. It makes us feel like hell, and makes us walk on water. It ruins us for anything else.

...After all, to acknowledge Delia (the love in question) as a drug, I'd have to face the fact that one day I might have to go without her, and this I can't do.

2 comments:

  1. I have seen few devdas in my life..one of my close pal.....only thing i say to GOd ..."Mere Khuda Kisiko Pyarki Hawa na lage" ....lol
    I call it "Incurable diseases"

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh..seem you haven't been in forbidden territory yet or you would have known..ishq something something lagaye na lage bujhaye na bujhe...

    ReplyDelete