October 26, 2007

Dumbledore "comes out" of closet

Spoiler Warning: Frankly, if you haven't still finished Deathly Hallows, you don't care about this post any way but still being a loyal Harry Potter fan, its my responsibility to warn you about possible plot spoilers.

As they say, "Watched pot never boils". All the time I spend browsing through the Harry Potter fan sites but the days I decide to skip, something big comes out. This time its Dumbledore coming out of the closet and announcing that he is gay. Well obviously the fictional character don't talk but their author do. So J.K. Rowling decided to "out" him.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with him being gay or otherwise but I do have a problem with his obsession with Gellert Grindelwald, the dark wizard. And apparently in his life of 116 years and 98 years after he met Grindelwald, he couldn't find anyone else and move on. Now that's ridiculous. I can understand that as teenager, he got infatuated by dark side due to Grindelwald and tragic death of his sister opened his eyes to the reality but then why not move on, get a life. No one as bright as Gridelwald, eh, even though he is evil? I thought Dumbledore knew better than that. Or may be people in magical world don't know the concept of moving on, take Snape for instance.

The second point that disturbs me is that he actually discusses his love life with Harry? He says, and I quote:
"You cannot imagine how his ideas caught me, Harry, inflamed me."

Honestly, I will be very uncomfortable if any of my high school teacher started talking to me like that. But guess, as they say, it was necessary for the plot...

No comments:

Post a Comment