October 23, 2007

Advisor Pain #1

How do you tell your advisor that he is not making any sense, what-so-ever? Or you just assume that you don't have enough brains to start fathoming the depth of his insights about YOUR work? Am I really supposed to incorporate those ideas in my work but the million dollar question remains how and what? Can someone explain it in a human language? I am willing to learn any language as long as its spoken and understood in THIS realm, in THIS dimension and on THIS Earth.

Well I am off to search Ph.D. comic archives for some bad advice...

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe...this is the best post ever...its so weired...I so much relate to this article that i feel the same...Every day i meet with my boss and we discuss all the issues and solution to fix them...during the discussion...he discusses issues at such high level(its in english using different dictionary, i wish i can find that to understand what he meant). I indirectly tell him plzzz talk to me in layman terms...So i dont think its only u..and me..i guess this relates to everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it does. and I really hope my advisor could relate to it. At least then he will try to speak in my language....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it does. and I really hope my advisor could relate to it. At least then he will try to speak in my language....

    ReplyDelete