August 1, 2007

Yin and Yang

Another photograph from my inventory but again, I wanted to post this one separately too. I like this one as it gives a feeling of unity of opposite and hence the title, Yin and Yang. The main subject of the photograph are these two guys engrossed in reading/working on computer. One is standing, the other is sitting. Both are doing same task. Then the two border of the photograph emphasize that opposite. The tree on the right is darker in tone while the pillar on the left is lighter tone. similarly the tree above and the hedge below. And to think I actually walked past this one. This particular day, I was exhausted and just wanted to go back home. No more pictures. And then I walked past them, realizing the potential of the picture but still chanting no more pictures in my mind. I went up 10 steps and then gave in the temptation of taking this picture. How often can you get such a perfect composition? Thankfully, none of them moved in that time span. Another thing that I like about the picture, though it was not my intention and it came up as an accident, is the way the branches of tree are parallel to the curvature of back of the sitting while the standing person back is the parallel to the frame boundary in the left (the pillar). I really like the way this picture has come up...

No comments:

Post a Comment