January 16, 2010

Friday Favorite - II

Do you remember the movie Bombay to Goa? One of early Amitabh Bachchan's movie? Do you remember any songs from the movie? Okay, except the famous song "Dekha Na Hai Re"? Well my favorite song from the movie is a duet by Kishore and Lata and that's the Friday favorite song of this week. The song is "Tum Meri Zindagi Mein Kuch":


The music for the movie was given by, one and only, R.D. Burman and the lyricist was Rajinder Krishan and the song is beautiful on both account. It surprises me why this song is unknown to so many people (at least to people I know). In my opinion, it's one of the best duets by Kishore and Lata. I simply love the Mukhada of the song:

Tum Meri Zindagi Mein, Kuch Is Tarah Se Aaye
Bhula Sa Khawab Jaise, Sach Ho Ke Muskuraye


Beautiful, isn't it? I also like the emphasis (that's the best word I could think, that fits; again I don't have any 'music education' so I can only write in a layman language here) given in the second lines in each Antara. It  adds spice to the song in a beautiful way. The monotonousness of the song is broken by that emphasis put on the two words (yep, just two words: listen again) of the second line on each Antara. It makes the song different, unique and beautiful. Well, at least according to me!

Again, hope you like the song as much as I do. I would love to hear your opinion of the song...

No comments:

Post a Comment