July 30, 2009

Dreams

Have I ever mentioned that I have an over-active imagination? Especially when it come to dreams. I have had dreams like a movie and movies like dream. At times my dreams have sequels. No kidding. I have had dreams that were continuation of a previous dream. And at times they are so real that they feel like a forgotten memory in my waking hours.

Anyway, the point of the post (or the point of my current pointless rambling): for past few days I have been dreaming about snakes. Now I don't have any special affinity or animosity with snakes unlike cockroaches or mosquitoes (I have inexplicable urge to kill them whenever I spot one). So I have no idea about reason behind my subconscious’ sudden fascination about snakes.

Anyhow, I am dreaming about snakes these days and I remember, from my superstitious days, that dreaming about snakes means I will get some money. And since I have got any so far, I called up my mom to confirm the superstition. As it turns out dreaming about snake isn’t enough, you need to be bitten by them in order to get that money. Now this goes against all my instincts. My subconscious won’t allow it (thankfully). In all my dreams so far I have been trying very hard not to get bitten by a snake. I duck, I run, I scream, Iimage hide and once I even exorcised in order to avoid getting bitten by one of those snakes. Yes that’s right, exorcism. It was actually a rather interesting dream which involved my whole family and Sridevi’s character from the movie Nagina. Basically, in my dream, she possessed my mom (like exorcist possession). My family and I were trying to get rid of her (no laughing. It was a very serious thing when I was dreaming it.). And finally I (the heroine of my own movie, er, I mean dream) was able to exorcise her out of my mom. Though before she went she said that she will be back and take her revenge on me. I am still waiting for the sequel.  

In any case, no snake-biting again so no money. Poor me! Guess I should get back to work and earn it instead of dreaming it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment