July 12, 2009

Weekend Discovery

Although I have often said, I hate driving but it does come with it’s own perks. Like exploring the town one lives in. Last time when I took out my car on a whim, I discovered Japanese Tea garden in San Francisco. Today, I discovered something  much closer to home. In fact, one can say this beautiful place is literally in my back yard and I didn’t know about it. I have been living in this place for past 5 years. I have passed the gate to the Shoreline Lake quiet a few times but always thought it is a private property.

Shoreline-01 

Last week while browsing through the internet (I think I was searching for Bird sanctuaries in Bay area) I discovered about Shoreline Lake. So today I gave it a try and was pleasantly surprised. Luckily we had a beautiful weather today. Not too hot, not too cold. Just perfect. There were clouds in the sky (it rained for 45 seconds, I think) which made for few interesting shots...Shoreline-3Shoreline-4Shoreline-2

And these were just the places I could cover by walking (I still have restriction when it comes to walking). I couldn’t go to kite flying area. And since it was cloudy, I didn’t stay for sunset. I think I have found a new haunt and I will be returning there frequently.

Shoreline-7 Shoreline-6

Shoreline-5 

P.S.: Okay, I admit it. I love Windows Live Writer. More specifically, I like the way I can change the layout and borders (Photopaper for the photographs here) for the photographs. Result: this post. I suck at writing travel post or any kind of formal post. Hope you at least like the photographs...

No comments:

Post a Comment