August 23, 2007

Jason Bourne and packing

I am a very bad reader. Once I pick up a book, its very hard for me to keep it down and work. Unfortunately, I bought the Bourne series by Robert Ludlum for the long, boring flights (Did I mention I am traveling most of the next week, finally reaching India on 28th Aug?). Well that wasn't unfortunate thing to happen, unfortunate thing was that I couldn't resist to start the first book, The Bourne Identity. Just before the flights, when all the packing has to be done. You can imagine the mess. Two big suitcases, half packed, clothes, gifts, shopping bags everywhere and I can't keep the book down. How can you when the main character of the book could be killed at any moment!

Result: I am again sleep deprived (last time it happened when Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was released: 22 hours non-stop reading) and I have a crazy schedule for next week. I have to catch a 6Am flight tomorrow morning means I have to start from my home at 3:30 AM. Reach Seattle, attend a wedding on Saturday, start back immediately after the function, catch the 7: 42PM flight to San Fransisco. The flight reach at 11 PM. I have asked a friend to get my big bags for India to airport then spend the night at SFO airport. Catch the flight to India at 8:30 AM next morning, stop over at New York airport for 2 hours from 5PM to 9PM and then direct flight to reach Delhi approximately 12 hours later. Clear the customs, get a cab and finally reach Roorkee (my hometown) in approximately 5 hours.

I just hope I don't fall asleep on airport and miss any of these flights! And now I should really get back to my packing. And oh, the point of the post: I am not sure how much internet access will I have for next few days, so I might be out of reach for few days...See you once I am at home!

1 comment: