January 14, 2011

About Sleep

I learned a new word today: Hypersomnia. It refers to the disorder characterized by excessive amount of sleepiness. By raise of hands, how many of you feel that you are hypersomniac? I certainly feel like one.

P.S.: 1. Its a real disorder and can lead to brain damage. I am certain none of us have it, its just my love for sleeping makes me feel like one.


2. I should add that I wrote this post early in the morning (6:30 AM) from work. Hence, the shortness and the subject of the post. 

5 comments:

  1. I sometimes sleep so long, that I get tired of sleeping and then feel sleepy again. Do I qualify as a hypersomniac?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I raise both my hands!! I think sleeping can be listed as one of my hobbies :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ME me me me. I love sleeping, do it anytime I get a chance. There's never enough sleep for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of context ... but you reach your work at 6:30 ?? !! RESPECT !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kiran: Hahaha. that sounds familiar. I sleep till I am too thirsty and hungry to sleep. I eat and drink and then go back to sleep.

    @Neha: Me too! Too bad we can't put it on the resume..

    @Titaxy: I totally get what you mean. At times I wish humans hibernated like bears. Imagine sleeping for 2-3 months straight..

    @Anonymous: I was at work at 6. I am usually at work between 6 and 6:15. It allows me to come home early and sort out other stuff..

    ReplyDelete