February 4, 2008

And I did it again...

...I mean I embarrassed my self yet again. How, you ask? Well few days back (sometime in January) I got introduced to a guy who had just joined our Kenpo Karate. Today I met him again in the campus and we started talking. He, unfortunately, remembered my name. As you have guessed it, I didn't. Well let me write down the actual conversation. It will make more sense that way. So it went like..

Me: "Hi!"
Him: "Hi! Richa, right?"
Me: "Yep. Hey you remember it... "

Silence for a few seconds. I was trying to remember his name and after realizing that I don't remember it, I tried to muster the courage to ask again...

Me: "uhh. I am sorry I am really bad with names. I don't remember yours right now."
Him (smiling): "I won!"
Me: "Avin?"

The moment I said that, I realized he said "I won" and not "Avin". He laughed at me for a full minute. Honestly. One whole minute. I was standing right there getting redder by the second. I could actually feel all the blood rushing to my face. Why do I ever open my mouth?

P.S.: Well, he isn't that mean actually. We did talk for a while after that. The "Joke" seemed to ease him up or rather break the ice. I guess I would have laughed at me too, if I was at the other end...

You can post your response by joining this site (Google Friend Connect). If you don't wish to do so, you can use the Blogger default 'Post a Comment' at the bottom of this page. Thanks for your comment. Hope I will see you again..

0 responses:

Post a Comment