December 5, 2007

Murder, Once Removed

This is an article from yesterday's paper. Its a part of occasional series published by NYT that examine commonplace aspects of the American justice system that are actually unique in the world (if you got that, 'BRAVO'. If not, its a series, period.). This one is about a guy who lent his car to a friend. This friend ends up killing someone. The owner of the car is in jail because he lent the car even though he didn't have any idea about his friend's intention and wasn't present at the crime scene.

Next time I lend my car to anyone, I am going to have them sign an affidavit that if they end up killing someone while driving/in possession of my car, I can't be held responsible. Anyone knows a good and cheap lawyer in the bay area?

2 comments:

  1. lol...morale of the story....Dont lend ur car....:)

    The bigger morale of the story...dont make Friends...as they can screw you.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehhe...Can't live without friends though can live without a car. I will dump a car so I don't get into trouble..

    ReplyDelete