August 28, 2011

Weekends Fun: The moon, the sun and everything else

Well I have missed posting these for past few weekends. So what have I been doing over the weekends? Taking pictures, of course. However, I have been experimenting a bit these days. Something that you tend to do when you are all by yourself without any friends or foe in a strange city. So here are some of the results:

The first picture is a combo of two my experiments: night photography and panoramic pictures. This is the Calgary skyline in the night time:
Calgary_Panorama101_Resize

The night I took the above picture was the night of full moon (the night of Rakshabandhan). As I crossed the Bow river to return back to my place, I saw this amazing scene. Obviously I had to take the picture. The river looked simply breathtaking!

Night_138_101

Two weeks later, it was time for the new moon night. So I took this picture this Friday (well nearly new moon night, I am not sure I can take picture of a new moon).

Lakes_027_101

Next picture is of the sun rise. I woke up at 3:30 AM on a weekend, drove 2.5 hours, stood in freezing cold to take this picture. It’s the shot taken at the moment the first ray of sun hit the top of the mountain. Trust me that moment was worth all the effort.

Lakes_042_201

The next is picture from few moments later. (Blogger is messing with my colors for some reason. It was beautiful. You have to take my word for it.)

LakeLouise_Panorama1_201

One more panorama before I leave. This one is taken on the road in Banff National Park..

OnWay_Panorama2_201

That’s all for today folks! Catch you later…

8 comments:

  1. awesome photos.. I specially loved the second sunrise pic.. the snow looks like molten gold on top of the mountains.... you are an amazing photographer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics Richa! I'm speechless. Each one outdoes the other. They will make great desktop wallpapers! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Soulmate! I am just learning and experimenting aka amateur photographer. Glad you like the pictures! :) 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks PB! I am actually in the process of uploading few of my pictures on iStock for sale. Not sure if anyone will buy them but just wanted to try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the second pic from the bottom is the best .... the colors just hit you !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome pics..
    I agree, being alone kind of pushed me as well to try various experiments with my camera! And it is just so therapeutic to spend hours trying to take a particular pic in a particular way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! But actually its Blogger playing up with my colors. I did some last minute editing in the Windows live writer on this one. Its close to true picture although not as saturated as this one is... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Neha! I agree. Camera is more addictive than any video game I have played. Its hard to stop yourself once you start...

    ReplyDelete