August 3, 2009

Nostalgic


It all started today morning, when I received an email from Google Adsense (you know the advertizing links you see on the blog). Apparently I have crossed $10 threshold and hence I need to enter my payment options and all that. I earned my first $10! After 2 years of blogging… Yes that’s how long I have been writing this blog. I checked. I know I have like 10 regular readers who read this blog, who accidentally click on those advertisements but who keep checking this url even if I haven’t updated it in weeks. A big ‘thank you’ to you all! You know who you are…

If it was possible I would have taken you guys out for coffee today and spent $20 out of that $10. Honestly. I never thought, I will ever cross this threshold! When I first set up my blog, I put up the advertisements because almost every blog I visited had them. And since I was new to blogging, I thought that was the trend. I didn’t check my Adsense account after that. But today is like a historic day for me.

I never celebrated this blog’s b’day as I thought it was silly but today I feel very nostalgic. It’s been slightly over than two years since I started this blog. I complained and I groaned, I procrastinated and I pulled all-nighters, I shared my projects and my home-works, I shared my dreams and my nightmares…

Oh well, in one word, I feel very nostalgic today. I just wanted to say thank you guys for listening to my non-stop rambling and complaints! You guys are the best!



P.S.: Just to lighten the mood, I quote the Google adsense mail (the mail that started all this drama):
“Keep in mind that you have 6 months to enter the verification code. If you have not entered your verification code within 4 months, we'll start displaying Public Service Ads (PSAs) on your web pages.”

5 comments:

  1. congrats, i am still lingering around $5

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will reach there too..Have patience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me at $52!!! :)

    Congratulations, anyway - when can I get the coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are at $52 and you are asking me for a coffee! Shame on you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are at $52 and you are asking me for a coffee! Shame on you...

    ReplyDelete