July 26, 2008

Life Lesson #2: Brick Walls

"Brick walls are there for a reason: they let us prove how badly we want things"

Randy Pausch is dead. If you don't know who he was then probably you haven't heard his last lecture. Randy Pausch was a computer science professor in the Carnegie Mellon University. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and knew about his terminal illness. In his last lecture (he later wrote a book with the same title which became an instant best seller), he doesn't talk about his illness or anything like that. Its a lecture about the life lessons he have learned. Its an amazing lecture. Its a long lecture too (1 hour and 16 min) but worth watching. Its one of the most inspiring lecture I sat through (in virtual world, of course).

3 comments:

  1. Hmm it was good. inspiring and humourous . u post good ones

    ReplyDelete
  2. incidentally, my bro pointed out the same lecture to me a few days ago..

    ReplyDelete
  3. too good yaar!!Thanks for posting!! After a long time I sat in a class which was more than an hr but was so interesting n inspiring throughout..... from the first minute to the last. I was reminded of my fav Kapoor mam's lectures which I enjoyed a lot......it is an INCREDIBLE POST.....FROM WHO ELSE BUT.....U

    ReplyDelete