June 24, 2008

Project Snapshot #48 and some more

Did I tell you that I am living in Rajasthan these days? Honestly, thats how it feels here. Same landscape, same temperatures, same dryness, same water problem, same perpendicular long roads with no houses for a long long time. And our office is right in the middle of NOWHERE. Just like our exploration camps in Rajasthan. Did I mention, I used to work for an oil company back in India? The asset I used to work for was Rajasthan so I did quite a few field trips in that area. And it feels like I am back there. This is a shot from last evening in the parking lot of the office. I had to move my car to a shady area so that I can go home after an hour after it had cooled off a bit.



Date: June 23, 2008
Location: Tupman, CA
Titled: Parking

Anyway, so I went a bit further and took this shot using the panaroma feature of my cell phone. It didn't come out very well as the sun was behind me and I couldn't see very well on the screen. Anyway here is the result. Now you tell me, doesn't this look like Rajasthan?

2 comments:

  1. Oil company! always reminds of arabian people wearing their ethnic dresses :D

    Though the second shot looks right out of "Manorama 6 feet under", it didn't come out that well, merged mis-aligned. I didn't know mobiles come with panorama feature these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Nikhil: Hahaha..well I am not in middle east but it sure feel likes it. Guess I should start wearing those dresses. Will help with the sun burn! :)

    Yeah thats how panaroma feature in mobile works...have to get my camera there one of these days and stay back to take some pictures.

    ReplyDelete