May 8, 2015

Party Names

So yesterday was general election in UK. This is the first time I have been in UK for a general election and unlike other countries, an immigrant such as myself (not a citizen or a permanent resident but on work visa), I have a right to vote! Not sure I agree to that law but am not dwelling on it in this post.

As I logged in today morning to check on the results, I was surprised to find quite a few more political parties listed (I never got any communication from them in my constituency so guess they didn't have a candidate there). Two party names caught my attention:

I am not making this up! I really do like manifesto of Monster Raving Loony Party but I don't think I am going to waste a vote for satire. But surely wish I could..

P.S.: I am glad conservatives are back in power. What can I say, I am a hard core capitalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment