February 16, 2011

In Pain

As I wrote yesterday, I tried out a new aerobic class at the gym. It was a great class, that is, if you don’t get embarrassed by being out of sync with rest of the class. However, it was an intense class and all the muscles, including my neck muscles (don’t ask me why and how), have been hurting since morning. I was so tired yesterday that I passed out slept at 8 last night and woke up at 7 this morning. And then I had to be in a class the whole day today.

For future reference, if you want to try out a physical activity, don’t do it before a day-long class. Its physically painful to sit the whole day long if every muscle in your body is hurting. And it is very difficult to concentrate when you are in pain. Just saying…

P.S.: As you could have guessed, I ditched the second activity of the day. For once, I am glad I did.

3 comments:

  1. You feel muscles you never thought existed, eh? Hope the pain goes away soon... take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried a yoga+pilates class in my company gym, and I was in a similar condition! But it has got better with subsequent classes. Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ PB: Oh yeah! But good news is that for the first time in 3 weeks, my skeletal muscle mass increased which means that pain was worth it!

    @ Neha: I know! Since my back started hurting I haven't done anything so intense. I used to do at least 9 hours of vigorous exercise per week, back in the days I was doing Karate. It was a great reminder of those days and those aches and pains..

    ReplyDelete