September 27, 2009

Pen Drive

So the story starts with me going to JC Penney. I haven’t been to the store for a long time now. In fact I haven’t bought a dress for myself for more than a year (gifted dresses are not included). But this fortunate day, I was having a bad day (hell, I am having a bad week). Anyway, I was running around finishing some errands and was getting nothing done for one reason or the other. So when I stopped by the shopping mall for yet another errand, I decided to visit JC Penney.

So I was wearing a pair of jeans and in the jeans pocket I had an 8GB pen drive. I spent around 3 hours in JC Penney, trying out new dresses (I didn’t buy anything that day: I am so proud of my self restraint). When I reached home, my pen drive was missing. My 8GB pen drive was missing! Did I mention I am having a bad week? I had almost no hope of finding it back but my room-mate suggested that I should go and check: Just in case someone returned it to Lost and Found.

So next day, I went back to JC Penney. After looping 2-3 times the store, I finally found the customer service center in a corner of the store (Get it, the center was in the corner? Okay it’s a stupid joke. I am shutting up now). I approached the lady on the counter. She wasn’t too old. I think she must be in her 50s. Anyway, I approached her and told her that I lost my 8GB Pen drive in the store the previous day. She looked up and asked, “What is a pen drive?”

I stared at her for a moment. The lady near to the counter peeped out ofimage her rack and gave me a smile. I strutted and tried different names for pen-drive but she remained clueless. I tried to explain how it is used with computer. Surely she must have seen it somewhere, I thought. But with no luck. Finally she asked me how it looked like? Well small rectangular thing, black in color.  It has a cap too. Its such a non-descriptive thing. How do I explain to someone who has never seen a pen-drive what it looks like? However, she checked her lost and found drawers and didn’t find any small rectangular black thingy. I didn’t expect it to be there, anyway. Didn’t I mention I am having a bad week?

…And then I went and bought 2 tops and a pair of shoes (running shoes: I needed those. Honestly).

4 comments:

  1. Shopping always makes me feel good too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This must have been so frustrating!! till the last line I was hoping she showed you something and that was your pen drive!!
    The customer is not the centre of their existence, they can't really afford to cut corners can they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Nikhil: Yeah it does but it's a very expensive way to "feel good", don't you think?

    @ IHM: Yep it was! Some of my data is gone with the drive and possibly some of my photos too.

    Hehehehe..I wish that was true. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Nikhil: Yeah it does but it's a very expensive way to "feel good", don't you think?

    @ IHM: Yep it was! Some of my data is gone with the drive and possibly some of my photos too.

    Hehehehe..I wish that was true. :D

    ReplyDelete