April 14, 2008

Too fast...

As I can't stop telling everyone, I went to *Europe* for my spring break. And there are quiet a few things I wanted to blog about when I was there but the crazy schedule we had, it became impossible for me to do so. Anyway, I kept the ideas at the back of my mind so that I have something to blog abt once I am back.

Let me start with the disclaimer: I don't mean to criticize Europe. I am sure it happens everywhere in the world. Its just my perception that I am writing about. And let me also confess that I had loads of fun in Europe. I met few very cool people with extremely nice sense of humor and very kind hearts. Those incidents will also find their way into this blog with time.

The issue of this post is the rush. Two places where I used public transport a lot were London and Paris. They both have fantastic public transport system: Tube and Metro. Usually there is a train every 5 mins. in London and every 2 mins. in Paris as opposed to our old bay area with caltrain frequency of half an hour. With that high frequency of trains, you would think that missing a train wouldn't be a big deal. But no. People actually rush to catch the train which is just about to leave. They actually run and push to catch the train! I can understand if people rush here to catch the train as they have to wait for 30 minutes for next one. But for 5 minutes or 2 minutes? Whats the hurry? Does it even matter?

There were times when I actually wanted to scream and say "STOP". Why are you running? Where are you running? Whats the hurry?

Though if you think about it, don't you get the same feeling for life too. It seems to run so quickly that I don't even get time to react. And I want to again scream "STOP". Don't rush. Let me live. Let me enjoy. Let me feel.

But then may be, I am just not a cut out for a big city. I am a small town person who wants to remember each and every moment of the life: good or bad. Atleast till my memory card starts screaming: 'out of memory'...

2 comments:

  1. I wish we in india had tht sort of public transportation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Back!
    Your pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete