April 29, 2008

Nightmare

Made a new friend on facebook. Her status says:

S... is twittering: my nightmare: wedding day; at altar about to say 'I do'; but lisp code errors: "310 IS NOT A LIST" +> segfault that destroys the world :(.

:D :D :D

As we are talking about nightmares..I lived through one this sunday. I arranged Baby Shower for a very good friend of mine. The day started with my alarm clock breaking down in night while I was sleeping. So I got up 1.5 hrs later than I planned to, obviously in a state of panic. 15 mins into the day, I realized I need to go to the office to pick up my camera. Rushed there first, came back and started working like crazy because as usual, everyone coming for the potluck party has decided to either get dessert or drinks or cake but no substantial food (why do they do that?).

So I started cooking. Middle of making the Tava fry (after cooking 1.5 aalos (Potatoes) for an hour), I realized the instruction on the Tava Fry Masala said "NOT" to put any salt in it. Obviously I had put substantial amount of salt in it and it was inedible even though they were perfectly crisped. Threw that in the dustbin. Started the new batch. Realized that the spice is at its last stage. Can't do anything...so made whatever I could

Next came Pakoris (My friend loves those s had to make it). Moment I opened the container, I realized that I need to buy some besan! Made few pakoris from whatever besan was left in the container. By that time, guests started arriving. The first few of them have to actually clean up my living room for the party!! What a great hostess I am! Poor girls.

Finally came the cake and I realize that the decoration I have put on for her had the Baby's name spelled wrong! Cherry of the Cake!

Never thought so many things can go wrong in a single day!! Anyways, we did end up having some fun and that was the whole point, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment