July 15, 2012

Still here

Yes, I am alive and well. Thank you for asking.
Good news is that I found yet another room. I am hoping this one will work out better than my last two attempts. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Another improvement since the last time: my new Samsung Galaxy SIII. The best part of the phone you ask? The camera, of course. And even better than that is the Instagram app. Okay, its a bit hard thing to relearn photography in a square canvas, not to mention the hardship of downloading and sharing the pictures elsewhere using the applications, I am still inclined to give it a thumbs up. Just an example of what I have been up to:
Colourful
Anyhoo, result of having a camera with me all the time and having some extra time to spend: Am looking for a new photography project to start and have been searching for some ideas. So far the projects that have caught my fancy are:
- 52 photowalks. It basically involves getting out of house once a week with my camera. London being still a new city for me, this idea has possibilities. The only problem/glitch with this project is the notorious bad British weather. Imagine it pouring the day I decide to take my camera for a walk! Yet it will be a great way to explore London.
- Alphabet. Its a smaller project than previous one (only 26 alphabets!). It involves picking the alphabet and illustrate it in a way you like. It could be simply taking picture of things starting with the alphabet (imagine photographing X for X-ray!) or simply photographing that particular alphabet in different scenario (phew!).
- Colour or shape. Well you simply pick a colour or a shape and take pictures revolving them. I think it will get very boring, very soon but you never know unless you have tried.
- Architecture/historical monuments. Again being in London helps.
Do you have any cool ideas for a photography project? I seriously need to start a project.

1 comment: