October 26, 2009

A note from Houston

Okay, I know I promised to be more regular with reading and writing blogs and I haven’t yet started that even though I have plenty of things to complain about (as usual). For imageexample, the TV set they provided in the Extended Stay  I am staying in (I am in Houston  for an internship) doesn’t have any A/V output for plugging in a DVD player (thankfully I noticed that before I decided to buy a cheap DVD player here). The cable has very limited channels. So basically I don’t have anything to watch in the evening even though I have a lot of work (I am trying to work on my research while doing this internship: not much success so far though). Lack of proper TV makes working a lot more difficult.

Other complains include: lack of public transportation, rain, unsafe environment, HR  questionnaire, the cold temperature in the temperature-controlled offices and people’s reaction on my name. But guess all these can wait for a later time.

triathlon123However, I do have something fascinating to share. Today I met someone who won first place in triathlon in their age group twice (50-54 years and 55-59 years)! It made me feel guilty about myself. That guy is almost double  my age and is far more healthier/fitter than I am. Well, someday I might run a triathlon (forget about winning). Someday…

3 comments:

  1. Interested in knowing people's reactions to your name! And definitely feel shameful hearing about the triathalon winner...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The post is there...I couldn't hold it in any longer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The post is there...I couldn't hold it in any longer. :)

    ReplyDelete