September 25, 2007

Down the memory lane

Fragile

Heart wrapped in detachment
Relationship enclosed in trust
Love strings with the elasticity of compromise
Have no price tag - or lifetime guarantee

I found my old diaries in deep boxes at home and brought them with me. No, I never rhymed. This was a small poem I found written at back of my notebook in college years along with another one (including the title and indentations). I liked it then so noted it down in my diary. I never found out who wrote it. I also kept wondering about the use of word "detachment" in the poem. BTW , there isn't a rhyme in the poem, is there? Just indentation... I am not sure it qualifies for a poem.

Anyway, the second "poem" was even cuter...
Me N You

Distance of individuality
Keeps them wide apart
Although they share the same memories
Their words have less to say
Together they are drifted away
Towards a kind of reservation
where others hesitate to intrude

Sweet memories! When I wrote down these lines in my diary I had no idea that someday I would be writing this down in a blog. The idea of blog wasn't conceived at that time. How fast time changes...

2 comments:

  1. the first one was really amazin... thats because i understood it [:)]... the second one, however... hmmm... ya... better than the first... (no, i did not understand it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe. I am no authority on poetry or English but I guess the second poem is about a close friendship turning into an intimate relationship. Hope that helps with the understanding part...

    ReplyDelete