January 18, 2009

Tagged..well, sort of

A friend tagged me on Facebook. According to the rules:
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
I am not sure that I will reproduce this on Facebook and let 124 acquaintances of mine know these random facts about me. But I thought it was worth writing a post on. More so because this is the first time someone has tagged me. So here it goes. 25 random things about me though I think I might have mentioned these about myself sometime or the other:

1. I love colors. My childhood dream was to be independent and earn money so that I can buy all sorts of coloring mediums: color pencils, sketch pen, water colors, oil pastels...anything and everything that can be used to color a blank canvas or a blank paper. It's amazing how one can turn a blank piece of paper in this beautiful piece of art based on his or her imagination.

2. Another childhood dream was to be a photographer with National Geographic magzine. That one crashed when I saw the living conditions for the job on Discovery. This guy on Discovery was visiting China and he actually ate a cockroach! Sorry. Can't do that.

3. I love Maths. And, more importantly, I am good at it. Okay, may be not as good as a Maths' Ph.D. but still not bad for a Geophysicist.

4. I am addicted to exercising. Honestly. I need to have some form of exercise or sports in my life. Otherwise I am sick and depressed, and you don't want to be with me, trust me. I am worse than those drug addicts during these periods of my life.

5. My two favorite historic figures are Chanakya and Gandhi, in that order. I admire both of them for their political shrewdness and economic astuteness. In simpler words, I like them because they were so cunning and still quiet noble. A rare combination.

6. My favorite fictional figure is Francisco Domingo Carlos Andres Sebastián d'Anconia from Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. He is my biggest crush ever. My heart skips a beat every time his name appears in the book. Every Single Time.

7. I doodle. A lot. I am a restless soul. I need to do something to keep myself busy especially in a boring class or seminar. I have doodled on napkins, table cloths and even on my hand.

8. I hate parties or rather any kind of social gathering. I don't like small talks and fake smiles that I have to put on for such occasions. It's very tiring.

9. I can sleep up to 18 hours non-stop. After that I am usually too hungry and thirsty to sleep. But once those requirements are satisfied, I can sleep another 18 hours. I don't understand the meaning of word insomnia.

10. I wish I was a bit more graceful. But for some reason Grace and I don't get along too well. Guess I am too tomboyish for her.

11. I have watched movie Deewar (Amitabh Bachchan) thrice and haven't been able to watch it's end either of these times. I just can't bear the fact that Amitabh Bachchan is going to die in the end. I don't like tragedies.

12. I am big fan of Bindis. I have my own personal Bindi collection comprising of 100s of different shape, style and length of bindis. The only restriction being: they all are black in color. And I love wearing them too. Obviously.

13. I love the smell of first rain. Especially after the scorching hot days.

14. I smoked when I was 9 years old. For a week. Now I can't bear the smell of cigratte. But I do understand the urge for smoking and that release of tension when one smokes.

15. I collect fridge-magnets. I buy a lot of magnets everywhere I go. One side of our mighty fridge is filled with all the magnets I have collected in last four years.

16. I don't like chocolates. It's too bitter for my taste.

17. I don't drink coffee or tea. Though I drink a lot of water.

18. I love 'Friends'. I have original DVDs for the entire series (Yes all the ten seasons).

17. I want to own a house with a big kitchen. Also a big closet like the one in 'Sex and the City' movie (picture below).


Okay, may be that's too much to ask but still I want a big closet.

18. I have always wanted to go for cross-continent drive in a Mitsubishi Pajero with a Hasselblad 3DII and Bose Media System. A friend will be nice too.

19. I like guys in Indian dresses; kurta-pajama or sherwanis and a nice pagdi too (not the bright and shiny ones but nice and sober). A tilak on forehead just completes the charm.

20. I love dimples on the cheek. I think I have crush on any guy, no matter who he is, who has a dimple on his cheek. The most prominent one in the list is John Abraham with his dazzling smile.

21. Check patterned clothes are my weakness. I simply love shirts, tops, skirts or any kind of dress made of check patterned cloth.

22. I can't stand the smell of Paan (an exquisite beetle-leaf preparation). It's an irony as Banaras is my birth place.

23. I share my Birthday with Jane Austen (though not the same year) and I am very proud of that.

24. I hate flying. I get air sick fairly easily so I can't eat during the flight which makes it even worse. I wish they develop some molecular transport system like the ones in Star Treks. You can beam in and out in matter of seconds without going through the agonizing flights.

25. I am very bad at replying back to people's mail, scraps or online comments. I am just too lazy. I have tried time and again to be more socially active but somehow I don't have it in me to be so...

Finally finished. As for tagging, I don't want to tag 25 people but will tag few friends. So here it goes: Viji, Gopal, Nikhil, Sudipta and Viji again.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Richa, I'm so glad you did this tag. I was thinking whether I should tag you again on my blog, or not since I had already tagged you on Facebook.
    And I'm glad you did it on your blog!!

    Loved some of the things you said, though. Paan and chocolate are among my favorite things ;)
    And I wish I was addicted to exercise.. sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) will take some time..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Rachana: Thanks. I know..almost everyone I know loves chocolates and paan..that's why I had to mention them.

    @ Nikhil: Will wait for it.

    @ Sudipta; Thanks!

    ReplyDelete