February 14, 2008

Yet again...

...Valentine's day is here. Though I don't have any reason to complain. I already got flowers..beautiful roses. But some how the falseness of the occasion always puts me off. As a good friend puts it, you don't need an occasion or "date" to tell people you love that you love them. But as Prasoon Joshi (Song "Ladki Kyon" from Hum Tum) puts it...

"Pyar ko chahe bhool bhi jaye, Tarikhe na bhulae"

(You might forget about love but you shouldn't forget the important dates of relationship)

For some reason, we do put a lot of weight on the importance of dates and somehow they become the measure of love in a relationship. Don't you think?

Oh well, who am I to complain..I love my roses. I loved getting them. So everything is fine.

3 comments:

  1. Ah..subtle but we got the message :) ! We are soon to hear an announcement about bells ringing and angels singing :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. neva herd the song

    happy valentines day! [:)]

    the closest i got to roses was a glass of rosemilk. Chilled!!! [:D]

    ReplyDelete
  3. neva herd the song

    happy valentines day! [:)]

    the closest i got to roses was a glass of rosemilk. Chilled!!! [:D]

    ReplyDelete